Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 36: Too Old For Homework

A couple of years ago, I decided to return to college to earn my Master of Arts degree. I had sworn for years that I would never go back to school. I wasn't good at it the first time, mostly because I was bored. Things have to make sense to me... They have to resonate within me... They have to feel like a part of my natural or common sense or I eventually lose interest. The only exception is if I am entertained. But the second time around has been the greatest gift I could have given myself.

Continuing my education has obvious benefits but the experience that I didn't think would change my life or affect my future was the interaction with fellow students. This semester has been so enjoyable. I have learned so much from the people around me and I've enjoyed them so much that I wonder how I will learn without them in future classes. They have all been so willing to open up and share their experiences, their opinions and their feelings and so willing to hear mine.

There are days when I feel like I am too old for homework and too old to go racing around town from work to school to home and back again. But then I get to class and I feel young again. I feel like it's never too late to do what you want to do. And I know, once again, that you should never say never.

No comments:

Post a Comment