Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 27: I Wish You Love

Happy Valentines Day!

Many years of my life have been spent hating this holiday. But I'd be lying if I said I never had a moment when someone made me feel loved or important or like he really got who I am. And to ignore those moments, in spite of the relationships that surrounded them would be tragic. I've heard many people say that love should be celebrated every day and not just one day out of the year. Those people are right. But I believe it's also true that we should be grateful for all of the good in our lives even if it doesn't make sense to our hearts.

Because others don't see me as being successful in love, they often don't take my opinions seriously nor do they heed my advice. But marriage does not equal success in love. Some statistics show that 50% of all first marriages end in divorce. That number increases in second marriages and even more in third marriages. Anybody can get married. But marriage does not equal success in love.

Success in love  is the ability to open yourself up to the possibilities, to feel with every ounce of your being, to share on an emotional level with another human being, to experience selflessness and to put yourself at risk for it to all completely backfire. At least that's my opinion.

Today, I wish you the experience of love. I wish you real, warm and genuine hugs. Long kisses that feel like they might never end. A tug in your heart that tells you to stay. Or tells you to go. I wish you beautiful memories and satisfaction in knowing that you took a chance. I wish you healthy and happy relationships.

Again, I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment