Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 25: A Loss for Words

It isn't often that I am at a loss for words. But 25 days into my 40 days until I turn 40, I find it hard to put a blog together. (This does not bode well for readers who are hoping I will keep writing through my 40th year.) So, today I am leaving the words to some much wiser folks who are talking about... words.

"One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter." ~James Earl Jones

"The right word may be effective but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause." ~Mark Twain

"When words are scarce, they are seldom spent in vain." ~William Shakespeare

"In the end we remember not the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends."
~Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

"I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of actions." ~Mae West

"A bad word whispered will echo a hundred miles." ~Chinese Proverb

"Words are a wonderful form of communication but they will never replace kisses and punches."
~Ashleigh Brilliant

No comments:

Post a Comment