Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 19: Super Day

My family packed into the back room of the house today, noshed on tailgate food and watched Superbowl XLV together. We typically cheer on the same team and we always have a dance party at half time which usually involves my brother-in-law "churning the butter," my sister jumping in some way and my nephew shaking his booty. It's always a super day. No drama, a good game, lots of fun.

But my favorite part of days like these is getting the food together. I love cooking for a crowd. I love the organizing and timing everything so it's all ready at the same time. There's an art to throwing a party and I don't excel at it but I don't suck either. Practice makes perfect. I look forward to the  presentation of the food and watching everyone pick apart all the pretty platters as they pile food on their plates. And at the end of the party when I am cleaning up, I am satisfied knowing that everyone is full and happy. I don't even mind the pile of dirty dishes. They are symbolic of a successful day.

If you spent the day under a rock or don't really care about football, the Green Bay Packers won the game. I didn't really have any stake in the outcome but it was a great game. A super game even. On a super day.

No comments:

Post a Comment