Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 15: Snowed In

I can't let SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011 pass without a little bit of acknowledgement. They called it the biggest storm in decades. Meteorologists issued an ice storm alert, then blizzard warnings came and there were predictions of over a foot of snow for most of the state of Missouri. I love snow but it paralyzes the city of St. Louis for some reason.
The ice arrived, followed by snow and when I woke up in the morning, I could still see fallen leaves on my front lawn. Just enough snow had fallen to inconvenience me for a couple of days but not enough to build a fluffy snowman family complete with corncob pipes and top hats or something.

While it's not quite what I hoped (like so many things in life), it is still beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment