Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 31: Laughter is the Best Everything

"If laughter came in pill form, I would be a drug dealer." ~me

I subscribe to the believe that laughter is the best medicine but even when you are not ailing or sad, there is still room for laughter in your life. I love that I don't always know where the laughter will come from and that sometimes it's arrival is unexpected. It makes me giddy when I think about times when I've tried not to laugh but couldn't help myself.

I'm a loud laugher. Sometimes, I've tried to stifle it or laugh a little more quietly but isn't laughter meant to be boisterous and interrupting?

They say that you lose weight when you laugh. If that were true I would be as skinny as a rail. They also say that laughter reduces stress, strengthens your immune system, refocuses you away from stuff that's not so good. Most importantly, it has been proven that laughter connects people. And in many cases it REconnects them.

I am thankful that in the last couple of years, the people from my past have become the people of my present and that in all things, it's laughter that reconnects us. It's laughter that encourages us to get together again, like Friday night when I had dinner with some girls from high school. We laughed from the beginning of the night until the end of the night. People stared at us like we were wrong for enjoying out time together. But that did not deter us from reveling in our humor.

We should all laugh more. Let me know if you need the hook up. I might be able to help you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment