Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 21: No Rest!

note: Day 21 is Tuesday, February 8th

For two days now I have been employed full time and a full time student but it only took about 24 hours for me to realize that sometimes, the best laid plans are just plain crazy. When I wake up in the morning, I don't feel almost 40. When I look in the mirror, I don't think I look almost 40. Age is a state of mind and in my mind, I am not even close to 40.

But there are moments when it is painfully clear to me that I am not 20 any more either. The mornings when I wake up after staying up late to do homework and only getting four hours of sleep remind me that I'm not a kid anymore. Then, stretches of sleep-deprived days nearly bring me to tears. I am not young enough to hang but I act like a three year old when I am so tired I could cry. And, finally, when my to do list has 17 items and I barely make it through five of them, because I'm too tired to keep going.

Have I mentioned that I'm a little tired. There's no rest for the weary! Or is that the wicked... I don't know. All I know is there's no rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment