Monday, January 17, 2011

40 is HUGE!

I don't think most people understand the magnitude of turning 40 years old. And by most people, I mean people who haven't turned 40 or people who are not looking down the barrel of 40. It's huge. It really is. And in 40 days, I will be turning 40.

Just to show you how big it is, I am going to blog for the next 40 days, chronicling my life up to the top. The top of the hill that is. You know, the hill that you supposedly go OVER when you turn 50. If that's the case, I figure 40 is when you arrive at the top. It's that perfect spot for looking back over the first chunk of your life and for looking forward out over the expanse of the years to come. Sounds ethereal and dreamy, doesn't it?

So here we go, friends. Fasten your seat belts! Grab your popcorn! And some of you might want to have your helmets & heavy armor on stand by. We're on our way to the top! And it's gonna be HUGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment