Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 6: Your Not the ONLY One with a Birthday

Yes, mother, I know. I am not the only one on the face of the earth with a birthday at the end of February. My sister has a birthday too.


Much to my "little" sister's dismay,  we have shared a birthday for the last 35 years. She was sort of my 4th birthday present. My parents adopted her and brought her home 8 weeks after my birthday in 1975. I was over-joyed to have a sister and my excitement multiplied when I found out that her birthday was the day after mine.

What are the chances that you can adopt two kids, four years apart, and their birthdays will be just a day apart?

But this year, I'm 40. I think it's the first time I thought for a very brief moment that I might not want to share my birthday with anyone else. No offense to my sister of course.

But... my mom is right. I am not the only one with a birthday at the end of February or on the 27th exactly, for that matter.

John Dryden, who I went to grade school with, Josh Groban & Ralph Nader will be celebrating this coming February 27th too. And for years, I shared my day with Elizabeth Taylor.

So, this year, I will share my day with my sister for the 36th time. And my mom will not have to remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment